Oshkosh West vs Oshkosh North Varsity Basketball Doubleheader happening January 20 at Oshkosh Arena
The Oshkosh community is invited to celebrate 50 years of the Oshkosh West vs Oshkosh North boys basketball crosstown rivalry. On Friday, January 20, 2023 the Oshkosh high school basketball teams will take center court at the Oshkosh Arena, home of the Wisconsin Herd. The crosstown rivalry - hosted by Oshkosh West - will feature a doubleheader with the girls varsity game at 6:30 p.m. and the boys varsity game at 8:15 p.m. Doors open at 5:30 p.m. at the Oshkosh Arena located at 1212 S Main Street, Oshkosh, WI. Tickets can be purchased in advance or at the door.
A portion of every ticket sold will be donated back to the Oshkosh Area School District Education Foundation! The public can purchase tickets online at https://fevo.me/westnorth or at the door. Ticket prices for the public vary by level and are $8 for the upper-level, $10 for the lower-level, $20 for courtside (BBB or CCC), and $25 for courtside (AAA). Every ticket purchased will include a free Herd ticket to a weekday game in February or March.
Seating is limited and students, families, staff, and community members are encouraged to get tickets in advance.
- OASD student tickets are as follows:
- Oshkosh North and Oshkosh West students can get a free ticket to the January 20 games.
- To be seated in the reserved student sections, high school students must pick up their ticket in advance at their high school bank.
- If getting a ticket the night of at the door, high school students must present their OASD student ID and may not be able to sit in the reserved student section.
- There is no discounted ticket price for OASD elementary or middle school students.
- OASD pass holder, staff, and senior citizen tickets are as follows:
- The Oshkosh Arena is honoring all Oshkosh North and Oshkosh West basketball pass holders, staff, and senior citizen entries for the January 20 games.
- In order to have access to better seating, pass holders, staff members, and senior citizens are encouraged to get their tickets in advance at either high school bank.
- Tickets will be available at the school banks Monday through Friday until January 18, from 8 a.m. - 11:15 a.m and 11:45 a.m. - 3:30.
- Pass holders, staff, and senior citizens can also get their tickets the night of at the door by showing their pass or staff ID; seating will be based on what is available.
- OASD staff members can receive a free ticket for themself and one guest.
Tickets will also be available during the Oshkosh West and Oshkosh North home basketball games the week of January 9 from 6:30 - 8 p.m.
Parking in the Oshkosh Arena parking lot will be free and available on a first-come basis.
Pre-game entertainment will feature a match-up between Oshkosh Grade 8 Girls Basketball teams at 5:40 p.m. Gametime entertainment will include performances by the Oshkosh West Pep Band, Oshkosh West Dance Team, Oshkosh North Dance Team, and Oshkosh Twirl Team. The National Anthem will be performed by Erin Boheme, a jazz singer/songwriter and Oshkosh native. Additionally, an OASD basketball alumni spotlight celebration will take place in between the girls and boys games. Former Oshkosh North, Oshkosh West, and Oshkosh High School basketball players are asked to check in at the alumni table - located in the concourse area - by 7:15 p.m. Participating basketball alumni will then be welcomed on the court to be recognized by name and graduating year before the start of the 15-minute warm-up for the boys game.
Fans can also take home a commemorative Oshkosh North vs Oshkosh West Basketball t-shirt. A limited number of t-shirts will be available for purchase at the game. The shirts are $10 each with proceeds benefiting the Oshkosh Area School District Education Foundation. The t-shirts were made possible through the generosity of 4imprint, the Oshkosh Area Community Foundation, and an anonymous donor.
Fans can also purchase raffle tickets at the games for a chance to win exciting Wisconsin Herd and Milwaukee Bucks prizes.
Attendees are also encouraged to bring a non-perishable food item including peanut butter, canned tuna, canned soup, baked beans, and canned fruit. These items are being collected by an Oshkosh West High School student as part of their Academy for Global Studies capstone project. The donations will be given to Father Carr’s Place 2B Community Food Pantry. Anyone that brings a requested food item(s) will receive a maximum of one raffle ticket for the prize drawing.