The Oshkosh Area School District’s (OASD) Facilities Advisory Committee (FAC) will be making the following recommendations to the OASD Board of Education at the December 4, 2019 board meeting.
- Commit to long-term consolidation efforts
- Adopt a long-term consolidation pathway which would serve students through nine elementary, three middle, and two high schools - rather than the 20 facilities currently in operation
- Pursue an April 2020 capital referendum that would include the following projects:
- Safety / Security Updates at District Facilities: Enhance security efforts including entrances, interior doors, and additional technology
- Immediate Building Infrastructure and Maintenance: Replace roof sections and update electrical systems at some existing schools
- Engage the community further regarding proposed Phase 1 middle school and elementary school projects for future action
Additional information is available via the following resource: OASD Facilities Advisory Committee Executive Summary to the Board of Education - December 2019