Oshkosh Recreation Department to Offer Small Group Recreation Programming for Community Members in August
The Oshkosh Recreation Department is pleased to resume in-person small group recreation programming in August. The department will have a variety of classes available for children and adults, and has taken steps to ensure participants’ safety before, during, and after classes. Upcoming programs are listed below. For more information and to register, please visit www.oshkoshrecdept.com.
Classes held at the Oshkosh Recreation Department (425 Division Street, Oshkosh, WI)
NOTE: Participants must enter via Door #1 from Division Street
- Child & Babysitting Safety (Ages 11-15) - August 1 from 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Youth Archery (Ages 9-17) - August 3-6 - 45-minute classes; class times will be 8:30 a.m., 9:30 a.m., 10:30 a.m., 11:30 a.m., 12:45 p.m., and 1:45 p.m.
- Strength Dance Workout - (Ages 16+) - Begins August 10 on Monday, Wednesday, Friday from 9:30 - 10:30 a.m.
Classes held at non-OASD locations
- Junior Anglers (Ages 7-10) - August 10 from 9-10 a.m., and August 11-13 from 9-10:30 a.m. - Meet at Winnebago County Park Shelter #2
- Bike Hikes (Ages 9-12) - August 17-21 from 8:45 - 10 a.m. - Meet at the Park and Ride located at Cty Hwy S / Cty Hwy Y
- Geocaching (Ages 7-12) - August 5-6 - Session 1: 9 - 11:15 a.m., Session II: 11:30 a.m. - 1:45 p.m. - Class held at Menominee Park Kiwanis Shelter #1
At this time, adult senior volleyball at the Recreation Department remains on hold. Updates regarding this activity will be provided as soon as possible. Please continue to check the ORD website for the latest information.
The Oshkosh Area School District (OASD), and the Oshkosh Recreation Department (ORD) - a division of the OASD - are committed to the continued safety of program participants and the entire Oshkosh community. The ORD programming that is taking place will do so in modified formats that are in compliance with CDC and health department guidelines. The modifications will be unique to each activity to ensure the continued safety of all participants. Additional information will be shared with participants enrolled in each activity.
Please contact the Oshkosh Recreation Department at 920.424.0150 or email email@example.com with any questions.