Facilities Advisory Committee
The Board of Education of the Oshkosh Area School District authorized the creation of a Facility Advisory Committee to be comprised of community members who will be charged with the task of seeking recommendations to our district’s facility needs. The Facility Advisory Committee is charged to review all pertinent information regarding our facilities, based on the outcomes of a recently completed assessment of our facilities.
The Board desires the following matters to be considered by the Facility Advisory Committee in making recommendations to the Board of Education for future action:
- Proposed options/renovations/upgrades that support learning environments which are safe, accessible, efficient, and equitable;
- Purposeful spaces that inspire innovative learning, accommodate evolving technology, and promote collaboration amongst students, staff, parents, and community within 3-4 track elementary and 8-10 track middle schools; and,
- The suggested recommendations shall maximize use, reuse, and/or replacement of existing facilities and shall be cost-effective for the taxpayer, providing for an enduring end-product that is energy efficient and adaptable for decades to come for the future of the Oshkosh Area School District students.
The Oshkosh Area School District wants this process to be as transparent as possible. To that end, we will be placing all meeting information and related materials on this website. Please check back often for any updates!
Facilities Advisory Committee Meeting Schedule
All meetings are scheduled from 5:30pm to 8:30pm
- September 9, Oaklawn Elementary School Media Center (CLICK HERE for the presentation)
- September 16, Merrill Middle School Media Center (CLICK HERE for the presentation)
- September 30, Shapiro Elementary School Media Center (CLICK HERE for the presentation)
- October 14, South Park Middle School Media Center (CLICK HERE for the presentation)
- October 28, North High School (CLICK HERE for the presentation)
- November 11, West High School (CLICK HERE for the presentation)
Check out the OASD YouTube Channel for all meeting videos