The Oshkosh Area School District uses proficiency scoring at the elementary school level, and all OASD middle schools will use proficiency scoring as of the 2023-2024 school year.
This page is a place to find information about proficiency scoring, including links to additional resources. Families are also encourage to reach out to their child's teacher with any questions.
- What is proficiency scoring and why is it valuable?
- Why is the OASD moving to proficiency scoring at the middle school level?
- What grades use proficiency scoring in the OASD?
- What do I need to know about proficiency scoring at the middle school level as a parent/guardian?
- What are the benefits of proficiency scoring?
- What are the proficiency levels?
- What does advanced mean?
- What does proficient mean?
- What do developing and beginning mean?
- How to compare traditional letter grading to proficiency scoring (spoiler alert: you can’t)
- Should my student be getting advanced?
- How can I talk to my student about their proficiency?