2021-22 School Year
We are excited for the 2021-22 school year! Oshkosh Area School District administration worked diligently all summer to develop and finalize plans for the upcoming school year and the OASD is committed to keeping our families, staff, students and community members informed.
Expectations and Planning for the 2021-2022 School Year
The OASD will have all PK-12 students be fully in-person for the 2021-2022 school year and will maintain our K-12 virtual school option (eAcademy) for families who wish to remain virtual. The OASD also will provide all of the activities that make up our PK-12 educational experience, including all athletics and extracurricular activities in-person as they would typically be scheduled.
Masking and Quarantining
The OASD's face covering requirement and contact tracing or quarantine procedures will continue to be reviewed throughout the year as we monitor local health data. Due to a rise in August in COVID-19 cases in our district geographic boundary, especially in the under 18 population, the OASD will start the school year with a requirement that all people wear face coverings inside all district schools and buildings, beginning Monday, August 23 through Friday, October 1. We are committed to providing in-person instruction for our students in a healthy, safe environment and face coverings are just of many mitigation measures we are using to keep that in-person commitment. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation.
The OASD's COVID-19 Safety Protocols were reviewed and modified over the summer and shared with families August 5. Please see the revised OASD 2021-22 School Year Plan/District Handbook. The District will continue to use recommended safety and mitigation strategies to maintain learning environments that are as safe as possible. We will also continue to collaborate with the Winnebago County Health Department and other state and local agencies, and follow CDC guidance to ensure we are maintaining the most current safety protocols amid the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
- OASD Extends Indoor Face Coverings Requirement Amid Rising Cases - 9.28.21
- District Office Will Be Main COVID-19 Testing Location - 9.17.21
- On-Site COVID-19 Testing Available for Students (Voluntary with Parental Consent Required) - 9.3.21
- Weekly Meal Pickup Available Sept. 7 and Every Monday and Thursday - 9.2.21
- Board Meeting Postponed, COVID-19 Protocols Remain in Place - 8.26.21
- Update to COVID-19 Protocols on Face Coverings - 8.20.21
- Back to School 2021-2022 - COVID-19 Protocols - 8.5.21
- Student Registration - How to Register Online By September 1 - 8.2.21
- High School Athletics & Activities - Online Forms Now Available - 8.2.21
- OASD Update 05.17.21 - Updated COVID Guidelines (Remainder of 2020-21 and Summer School)
- OASD Update 03.05.21 - OASD Plans for 2021-22 School Year and Next Steps