The Oshkosh Area School District (OASD) is pleased to announce that all OASD students participating in the District’s food service program will receive free school meals through December 31, 2020 (or until funding is depleted). Free breakfast and lunch meals will be provided regardless of free, reduced, or paid meal status and regardless of which school they attend. This offering is made possible through the USDA’s recently released COVID-19: Child Nutrition Response #56, providing nationwide waivers for the Summer Food Service Program (SFSP) and the National School Lunch Program’s Seamless Summer Option (SSO). These waivers extend through December 31, 2020, or until funding runs out. The District was able to initiate this program today, September 3, 2020. As such, any charges for paid meals today will be reversed and all current school meal account money will be held for the student's use after the December 31, 2020 program expiration or when funding is depleted.
Please contact the OASD Food Service Department at 920.424.4936 with any questions.
Meal Distribution Week of November 9
As previously announced, there will be NO meal distribution on Monday, November 9. Instead, meal distribution this week will occur on Wednesday, November 11 at the following times and locations. (NOTE: Two afternoon/evening pick-up times were added to better assist families.)
- Oshkosh North High School 10:30 - 11:30 a.m.
- Oshkosh West High School 12:15 - 1:15 p.m.
- Oshkosh West High School 3:15 - 4:15 p.m.
- Oshkosh North High School 5 - 6 p.m.
Five-day’s worth of meals will be handed out at these times, so please plan accordingly. These distributions will be open to any OASD students - traditional and eAcademy - as well as any members of the community ages 18 and under. Children do not need to be present to receive free meals, a parent/guardian or sibling may pick up meals.
See below for the revised food distribution schedule for Model 4: Virtual Learning.
Menus and Nutritional Information
OASD meal menus and nutritional information are available on the District's Nutrislice Website or by downloading the Nutrislice App on your smartphone. Menus are available for each OASD school. Additionally, a “Virtual Meal Menu” is available within the school menu listing and the Virtual Menu for September 21 - October 9 is available below. This menu also applies to the meals provided at our OASD community meal distribution sites. Menus are subject to change due to availability of products.
Community Food Resources
Families in need of food assistance as a result of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic are encouraged to reach out to the many community organizations that are providing services in Oshkosh.
- USDA Mobile Food Pantry: Anyone in need can participate in the weekly drive-thru distribution which was extended into September. LEARN MORE
- Oshkosh Area Community Pantry: The Oshkosh Area Community Pantry is continuing to provide and expand its services, visit www.oacptoday.org to learn more.
- Oshkosh Area United Way: A complete list of local food pantries and services is available on the Oshkosh Area United Way website, visit www.oshkoshunitedway.org/food-pantry-list to learn more.