The Oshkosh Area School District (OASD) is pleased to announce that all OASD students participating in the District’s food service program will receive free school meals through the end of the 2020-21 school year. Free breakfast and lunch meals will be provided regardless of free, reduced, or paid meal status and regardless of which school they attend. This offering is made possible through the USDA’s recently released COVID-19: Child Nutrition Response #56, providing nationwide waivers for the Summer Food Service Program (SFSP) and the National School Lunch Program’s Seamless Summer Option (SSO).
Please contact the OASD Food Service Department at 920.424.4936 with any questions.
Free Meals During Model 3: Hybrid Learning
Update as of Wednesday, February 3: Free school meals will be available at one distribution time and location only. The distribution will be Wednesdays from 4:30 - 6:30 p.m. at Oshkosh West High School (main parking lot - enter Eastbound on Taft Avenue and exit on Eagle Street). Those accessing free meals cannot enter the school parking lot until 4 p.m. to allow students and staff to safely exit the area before the distribution begins.
- Free Family Food Boxes: In addition to a week’s worth of school meals, families will also be able to receive Farm to Family Food Boxes - a partnership with Feeding America. LEARN MORE
DIRECTIONS: All traffic must enter Eastbound on Taft Avenue (making a right turn into the parking lot). There will only be one line to enter the parking lot. Anyone attempting to enter Westbound on Taft (making a left turn into the parking lot) will be asked to continue down to the end of the line. This is to ensure proper traffic flow and safety. No one is to enter off of Eagle Street for the meal distribution. This entrance is only to be used by students, staff and athletics accessing the parking lot.
NOTE: No school meals will be sent home with students at the end of their in-person learning days at this time. Families looking for additional school meals for virtual learning days are asked to visit the distribution sites on Wednesdays to receive those meals.
Meal Distribution Details:
- Meals will be distributed for five days at a time and will include a breakfast, lunch, and supper for each day.
- Milk will be offered with all meals.
- Meals are available and are free to anyone age 18 and under.
- Children do not need to be present to receive free meals, a parent/guardian or sibling may pick up meals.
- Children do not need to be enrolled in the Oshkosh Area School District to receive free meals.
Menus and Nutritional Information
OASD meal menus and nutritional information are available on the District's Nutrislice Website or by downloading the Nutrislice App on your smartphone. Menus are available for each OASD school. Additionally, a “Virtual Meal Menu” is available within the school menu listing.
Community Food Resources
Families in need of food assistance as a result of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic are encouraged to reach out to the many community organizations that are providing services in Oshkosh.
- Oshkosh Area Community Pantry: The Oshkosh Area Community Pantry is continuing to provide and expand its services, visit www.oacptoday.org to learn more.
- Oshkosh Area United Way: A complete list of local food pantries and services is available on the Oshkosh Area United Way website, visit www.oshkoshunitedway.org/food-pantry-list to learn more.