Welcome to the Oshkosh Area School District Emergency Information Page
The first priority of school staff is to ensure the safety of those on campus during an emergency situation. Additionally, it is critically important that parents and students have accurate information, not rumors. District staff will work with school staff to notify families of the situation as quickly as possible. In an emergency situation, you can expect to receive communications in multiple ways including:
- Infinite Campus (Parent Portal): A message system for parents/guardians. When necessary, the District will send out messages via email, phone and text message to inform families of unexpected events and to communicate in the midst of an emergency (school closing due to extreme weather, lockdown situation, etc.) To ensure that you receive emergency communications please check your Contact Preferences within Infinite Campus.
PARENTS: Please update your phone numbers and email addresses with your school when they change so that the district has your most up-to-date information in order to notify you of an emergency. Detailed instructions are also available (see below) for you to review and update your contact information within Infinite Campus as/if needed.
- Social Media: The District has a presence on Facebook and Twitter (@OshkoshSchools) and will post emergency information and updates on these pages. You must like the District’s Facebook page and follow the District on Twitter in order to receive these posts.
- Local Media: The District will provide timely updates to local television stations, radio stations, and newspapers for their broadcasts, publications, websites and social media sites.
The OASD conducts a test of its Emergency Communication System annually. The latest test took place on February 2, 2018. The resources below were provided to all district families and provide additional information about the OASD's Emergency Communication process.
- All morning 4K and Early Childhood Special Education classes would be canceled
- There will be no morning breakfast services provided
- Elementary School Start Time: 9:45 AM
- Middle School Start Time: 10:19 AM
- High School Start Times: 10:23 AM