The Food Service Department knows and understands that children who eat well-balanced, nutritious meals do much better in school. We use the highest quality products to make fresh nutritious meals. Each school day we provide healthy and affordable breakfast and lunch meals. Under the guidelines of the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) breakfast provides over 1/4 of all of a child's daily nutritional requirements and lunch provides over 1/3.
Students are encouraged to make healthy food choices. We provide numerous options each day throughout all of the grade levels, from fresh fruits and vegetables to low fat entrees. To help meet the very important nutritional needs of a growing student, we have planned the elementary, middle and high school menus to accommodate diverse taste buds.
The Oshkosh Area School District strives to provide high-quality, nutritious, and affordable breakfasts and lunches that children will enjoy.
Eligible students receive meals free or at a reduced price.
Director of Food Services
Food Services Secretary
OASD Free School Meal Distribution During Model 3: Hybrid Learning
Following the OASD’s Winter Break (December 23 - January 1), Free School Meal Distribution will resume on Wednesday, January 6, 2021.
While the OASD is in Model 3: Hybrid Learning school meals (for virtual learning days, eAcademy students, and anyone age 18 and under) will be distributed as follows:
Meal Distribution During Model 3: Hybrid Learning: Meal distributions will continue to occur on Wednesdays ONLY at the following locations and times:
- North High School (circle drive in front of school) from 10:30 - 11:30 a.m.
- West High School (in front of door 20) from 12:15 - 1:15 p.m.
- West High School (in front of door 20) from 3:15 - 4:15 p.m.
- North High School (circle drive in front of school) from 5 - 6 p.m.
NOTE: No school meals will be sent home with students at the end of their in-person learning days at this time. Families looking for additional school meals for virtual learning days are asked to visit the distribution sites on Wednesdays to receive those meals.
- Meal Distribution Details:
- Meals will be distributed for five days at a time and will include a breakfast, lunch, and supper for each day.
- Milk will be offered with all meals.
- Meals are available and are free to anyone age 18 and under.
- Children do not need to be present to receive free meals, a parent/guardian or sibling may pick up meals.
- Children do not need to be enrolled in the Oshkosh Area School District to receive free meals.